The Woodstock Barn
About Your Space
The Woodstock Barn is a stylish and comfortable furnished short let home sleeping up to six guests in two double bedrooms and a children's bedroom with bunk beds. All interior features, kitchen, bathroom and furnishings are to an excellent standard. The Barn is just a short walk to the town of Woodstock and the stunning Blenheim Palace and Blenheim Park. The converted barn features an oak wood floor, open plan living-dining-kitchen downstairs and wood beams. There is a spacious rear garden with lawn and seating area, and plenty of off street parking at the front. Stylishly furnished by the interior-designer owner, this is a lovely property for a short or long stay.
The ground floor comprises of:
- Open plan living-dining-kitchen area with solid wood floors throughout.
- Fully fitted and equipped kitchen with oven, hob and all kitchen equipment and marble work surfaces.
- Downstairs WC
- Dining table and seating for six.
- Sitting area with comfy 'Loaf' sofas, wide screen TV and wood burning stove.
Stairs lead up to second floor comprising of:
- Bedroom one furnished with a double bed and built in wardrobes. The en suite bathroom is a walk in shower, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom two furnished with a double bed and built in wardrobes.
- Family bathroom with bath with shower, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom three furnished with bunk beds.
We have a spacious rear garden with lawn area and table and chairs. It's a lovely place to sit in privacy and enjoy the outdoors.
Woodstock is located approximately eight miles outside of Oxford city centre to the North West of the city. Access to the city centre is easy and convenient by bus or by car. Woodstock makes the perfect location to explore the Cotswolds area and other cities of England such as London and Bath. London is now only 50 minutes by train from Oxford Parkway (a ten minute drive).
Woodstock makes the perfect holiday destination or base for Oxford city centre. Woodstock has enormous historical interest with the magnificent Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, located in the centre, just two minutes walk from the cottage. Visitors to the palace can take a walk around the 2,000 acres of landscaped parkland and beautiful formal gardens or take a picnic by the great lake.
There are over ten small restaurants and pubs within two minutes walk of the cottage, ranging from reasonably priced Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants to silver service in the well known Feathers and Bear hotels. Blenheim Palace Gate is also a two minute walk and the property is situated next door to Woodstock Museum, which boasts a beautiful garden and home made cakes and lunches in its ever popular museum cafe. The Cotswolds are a short drive away.
Weekly Home offices are based in Woodstock and if you are ever looking for local advice or recommendation please just let us know.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
Bedroom three is furnished with bunk beds and suitable for children up to age around nine to ten only.
Features at a Glance
- Cotswold Cottages
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Wood burning stove
- Off street parking
- Private garden
- Walking distance to pub