Market Place Holiday Cottage
About Your Space
Market Place Holiday Cottage is a stunning three bedroom holiday home in the Oxfordshire town of Woodstock in Oxfordshire, just a short walk from Blenheim Palace and estate. Market Place is a former Georgian town house built around 1750. If you are seeking an idyllic Oxfordshire stone built home, full of charm and character then look no further.
The apartment is entered via a lobby at the front of this prominent building. The private entrance door opens onto a hallway and staircase, which is reputed to be one of the oldest in Woodstock. The staircase arrives at a large first floor landing from which the living room, dining room, kitchen, family bathroom and one bedroom are accessed.
The large open plan sitting room and dining room that are light and airy with stylish interiors and features including exposed timbers, high beamed ceilings, fireplaces and sash windows overlooking the high street. Off the left of the landing is modern and stylish fully fitted kitchen. There are windows looking out onto the balcony to the rear and letting in lots of natural light. There is also the family bathroom and a large master bedroom with king-size bed and two built in wardrobes, an en-suite toilet and french doors leading onto the balcony.
A central staircase with a skylight leads up to the accommodation on the second floor, which has exposed beams and timbers and comprises two further double bedrooms and recently fitted en-suite shower room, as well as a third space ideal as a study or snug.
This property comprises of:
- Large open plan sitting room with exposed timbers and high beams
- Dining room with large table and chairs for 6
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas hob, oven and dishwasher
- Bedroom one is a large master bedroom with king-size bed, two built-in wardrobes, an en suite bathroom with french doors leading onto the balcony.
- Bedroom two contains a double bed and wardrobe
- Bedroom three contains a double bed
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and washbasin
Situated among glorious honey-coloured streets full of picturesque creeper-clad cottages and elegant town houses, Woodstock combines excellent modern amenities with olde-worlde English charm. Woodstock is an enviable place to live: its charming centre boasts a museum, post office, two banks, numerous inns, teashops, restaurants, a number of boutiques and local stores along with a host of other services. Fresh produce, and a whole lot more, can be picked up at the local delicatessen, while artisanal bread and a great cup of coffee are available from the Natural Bread Company on the High Street.
There are major supermarkets just a few miles away, and the property is within the delivery area of the Waitrose in nearby Witney. Blenheim Palace is within a stone's throw of the property, one of Britain's most magnificent stately homes with lush landscaped gardens and sparkling lakes, it is a designated UNESCO World Heritage site. The Palace offers walks and game fishing within its grounds and numerous other recreational and sporting activities throughout the year.
Woodstock is a well-connected town, there is a regular bus service to Oxford city centre (8 miles), Junction 9 of the M40 is 9 miles away and the beautiful Cotswolds only 11 miles away.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
- *WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
There is no parking with this property. There is a public car park a few minutes walk away and there is often parking available along side roads through the town of Woodstock.
Features at a Glance
- Located in the centre of the historic town of Woodstock
- Easy access to Oxford city
- Excellent choice of restaurants and pubs within walking distance
- Blenheim Palace and gardens a few minutes walk
- CD player/Music system
- Coffee Machine
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Patio area