About Your Space
Blenheim Gate is a spacious four bedroom detached home sleeping up to seven guests. Situated just ten minutes walk to the centre of Woodstock and a few minutes walk to the magnificent Blenheim Palace. There is a direct bus service into Oxford every half an hour or so. Oxford Parkway station is 4km away with direct train service to London Marylebone station. The home features a large private garden at the rear a spacious glass conservatory and good sized bedrooms. There is ample parking space for two vehicles.
The property is very family friendly with an enclosed garden. There is a play ground a few minutes walk away, and the amazing 'Pleasure Gardens' in nearby Blenheim Palace with children's play area, maze and large obstacle course. Great for children of all ages.
Click on the 3D tour link above to get a walk through tour of Blenheim Gate furnished short let.
Our home comprises of;
- Hallway leading into fully fitted and equipped kitchen with electric oven and microwave, gas hob, large fridge-freezer, all chinaware and cooking utensils.
- Conservatory with dining table and chairs. Lovely views over the rear garden and double doors lead out into the garden.
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer.
- Small bathroom with W.C. and sink.
- Dining room with dining table and chairs. Soft carpeted throughout.
- Living room with sofa, easy chairs, wide screen T.V and carpeted throughout.
- Bedroom one is the master bedroom with kingsize bed and built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom two is a double bedroom with kingsize bed and built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom three is a single bedroom.
- Bedroom four is a twin bedroom with built in wardrobe and ensuite bathroom with shower, W.C. and sink.
- Family bathroom with bath with shower, W.C. and sink.
There is a large private garden at the rear of the property with outdoor seating. This is a lovely feature of the property. The garden is enclosed and safe for children.
Woodstock makes the perfect holiday destination or base for Oxford city centre. Woodstock has enormous historical interest with the magnificent Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, located in the centre, just two minutes walk from the cottage. Visitors to the palace can take a walk around the 2,000 acres of landscaped parkland and beautiful formal gardens or take a picnic by the great lake.
There are over ten small restaurants and pubs within two minutes walk of the cottage, ranging from reasonably priced Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants to silver service in the well known Feathers and Bear hotels. Blenheim Palace Gate is also a two minute walk and the property is situated next door to Woodstock Museum, which boasts a beautiful garden and home made cakes and lunches in it's ever-popular museum cafe.
The nearest grocery shopping is the Woodstock co-op which is 10 minutes walk. You also have a Sainsbury within 10 minutes drive.
Woodstock is situated about 10 km from the city of Oxford. There is a regular bus service that departs every 30 minutes or so. The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding National Beauty are a short drive away and you are in the picturesque villages of Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Norton in just 20 minutes or so.
Oxford Parkway Station is 4 km away with quick direct train service to London Marylebone.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
There is ample parking for two vehicles. Parking of commercial vehicles is not permitted and roadside parking is also not permitted under local resident rules
Features at a Glance
- Walking distance to Blenheim Palace
- 10km to Oxford city centre
- Walking distance to Woodstock town
- Spacious private rear garden
- Quiet residential area
- Easy access to the Cotswolds
- Cotswold Cottages
- Drying machine
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Washing machine
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Off street parking
- Patio area
- Private garden
- Walking distance to pub