About Your Space
Thresher Barn is a stunning furnished short let holiday cottage on the edge of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds with easy access into Oxford and Witney. A feature of the property is the vaulted open plan dining-kitchen area with wood floors and spacious, fully equipped kitchen. There are exposed timber frame beams throughout. Thresher Barn is located within walking distance of Long Hanborough village where you can find a good pub and local supermarket. The property comfortably sleeps up to 6 adults and 2 children.
The ground floor has oak wood floors throughout.
- Front doors lead into the vaulted dining-kitchen and social space. The dining area is furnished with a large wood dining table and seating for 6 to 8 guests.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge-freezer, gas hob, double oven and grill, microwave oven, toaster and dishwasher. All chinaware, cutlery and cooking utensils are provided and there is a generous kitchen work surface for food preparation.
- The living room area leads off the kitchen and is furnished with two comfortable sofas, an array of books and a widescreen television. There is a wood burning stove with fire lighter pack and small number of logs provided on arrival.
- Bedroom one on the ground floor is a double bedroom with wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Downstairs W.C and wash basin.
- Stairs lead up to a balcony area with a two seater sofa.
- Bedroom two consists of a single bed and bunk bed suitable for children or young adults.
- Bathroom with bath with shower, W.C and wash basin.
- Bedroom three is a twin bedroom with two standard single beds
- Bathroom with walk-in shower, W.C and wash basin.
- Bedroom four with king size bed, generous storage space and wardrobes.
There is central heating throughout the property and wood burning stoves in the open plan living area and in the lounge area.
The barn is situated in a private courtyard with several other adjacent barns. There is a spacious front patio with seating, and a shaded lawn area.
Thresher Barn is situated on a quiet residential street in the village of Long Hanborough. Situated on the edge of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, Long Hanborough is 5km from Woodstock, 10km from Witney, 15km from Oxford and offers easy access into the Cotswolds. Long Hanborough railway station is situated 3km from Thresher Barn with direct train services to Oxford, Reading and London Paddington.
Blenheim Palace Historic House and Gardens is situated in nearby Woodstock. There are lots of stunning countryside walks in the area, as well as pretty villages and small towns to explore such as Combe, Bladon and Woodstock.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of duvets, pillows, bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to unsure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted to circumstances beyond our control.
The property is very suitable for children of all ages. Parents of younger children may prefer not to use the wood burning stoves and do so at own risk.
Features at a Glance
- Spacious open plan living-dining area
- Barn conversion full of character
- Great for families with children
- Stylish living area with wide screen television
- Wood burning stove in dining area and living area
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Wood burning stove
- Off street parking
- Patio area
- Private garden