About Your Space
Station Cottage is a charming one bedroom terrace holiday cottage sleeping two people in the small village of Long Hanborough near to Woodstock, Eynsham and Oxford. Located adjacent to the small railway station of Long Hanborough there are regular direct trains to Oxford and London Paddington. The property offers excellent value accommodation and is on the doorstep of Blenheim Palace, Oxford and the Cotswolds.
The accommodation comprises of:
- Front door leading into living-dining-kitchen area furnished with two seater sofa and easy chair, dining table and seating for four, fitted kitchen with oven, grill, microwave, washer-dryer and dishwasher.
- Bedroom furnished with double bed, bedside tables.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, sink and WC.
There is an outdoor seating area at the rear of the property which is a pleasant place to sit on sunny days.
The property is located in the small village of Long Hanborough. The location is 6km from Woodstock, 6km from Eynsham and 18km from Oxford.
- Explore the Cotswolds 'Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty' with villages such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourton-on-the-Water and Chipping Camden just a short drive away.
- Explore Blenheim Palace Park. Birthplace of Winston Churchill and a fantastic family day out.
- Explore Oxford city. We recommend the Ashmolean Museum, the Natural History Museum and a tour of at least one Oxford College!
- A day out at Cotswold farm Park. A great working farm in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- A day out at Cotswold Wildlife Park. See the camels, Hippos and giraffes in a stunning venue.
- Chill out in Witney. Some great cafes and local shops.
- Tour of the Wychwood brewery. One if the top ranking Trip Advisor things to do in the area. If you like your English Ale then this is a 'must' place to visit
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
The property overlooks a single track railway line that runs between Worcester and Oxford and there is an element of train noise. Trains stop approximately once 45 minutes between 06:00am and 12:00 midnight. Trains stop at the station and are travelling slowly which minimises noise. You are likely to quickly get used to the trains and they will probably become a welcome 'feature' of life here.
Features at a Glance
- Great value accommodation near to Woodstock and Oxford
- Easy access to The Cotswolds
- Five minutes by car to Blenheim Palace
- Short walk to several pubs and restaurants
- 2km walk to local supermarket or 5 minutes by car
- On bus route to Woodstock, Witney and Oxford
- Adjacent to railway station with direct service to Oxford, Central London and the Malverns
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Off street parking
- Patio area