The Oxford Bothy
About Your Space
Our home is a small stone-built cottage situated just a few minutes walk to the centre of Kidlington. We called it "the Bothy" as it resembles a stone built cottage in Scotland or Wales! The cottage is compact and offers excellent value accommodation with easy access to Oxford, Woodstock and the Cotswolds and nearby business and science parks. We have a lovely garden and close to the cafes and shops of the small market town of Kidlington.
The cottage is set back from the road and accessed through a private gate. The front door leads into the double bedroom which is furnished with a comfortable double bed, bedside tables and bookshelves.
There is a small conservatory style sitting-dining area furnished with easy chairs, dining table and flat screen T.V. The kitchen is compact but space enough to cook and prepare food.
The bathroom comprises of shower and W.C.
There is a lovely private garden at the rear of the property which in summer is a little countryside oasis.
Our cottage is a few minutes walk to the centre of Kidlington with lots of shops and cafes. There is a regular direct bus service to Oxford and to the Oxford Parkway train station with direct services to London Marylebone.
Within a 20 minute radius, you will find the beautiful town of Woodstock with it's many restaurants, traditional pubs and Blenheim Palace; The Cotswolds; 'Bicester Village' Designer Outlet; Cotswold Wildlife Park and Burford, and of course, the dreaming spires of Oxford University.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
Features at a Glance
- Great value short let near Oxford
- Cosy cottage style interior
- Private garden
- Near shops and restaurants
- WiFi and utilities included
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Private garden