The Stone Barn Annexe
About Your Space
The Stone Barn Annexe is situated within the grounds of Holbrook Farm in the Oxfordshire village of East End, near Oxford, Woodstock and Witney. The Annexe is a very cosy, one bedroom studio style 'cottage' offering good value furnished accommodation for a single person or couple. Formerly the accommodation for grooms on the nearby Polo ground. The Annexe is located in the village of East End which offers easy access by car to Woodstock, Witney and surrounding villages.
The annexe is 'simple' and intended to provide good value furnished holiday accommodation.
The accommodation comprises of:
- Front door opening into small living-kitchen area furnished with two seater sofa, table and chairs and kitchen
- The kitchen has a hob, oven and fridge-freezer
- Double bedroom with side tables
- Bathroom with shower, W.C and sink
- Washing machine and tumble dryer available for guest use in adjacent building
The property is heated by a ground source heat system which heats both the small Annexe and the larger Stone Barn Holiday Cottage next door. The property is usually toasty warm in winter as it has thick stone walls and a good heating system. In summer the thick walls keep the property cool.
There is a patio area for guest use immediately outside the property which is shared with the guests of the adjacent holiday cottage. The property is surrounded by rolling Oxfordshire countryside, there are sheep in the fields and a horse polo ground where you can often see the grooms exercising the horses.
The Stone Barn is located in the Hamlet of East End. The nearest shop is a Co-op supermarket in Long Hanborough which is 3km from the property. The town of Woodstock is 6km away which is a bustling town with a range of restaurants, pubs and cafes, and home to Blenheim Palace. There are many pretty Oxfordshire villages within a few minutes drive, including Combe, Ramsden and North Leigh, all with excellent pubs and restaurants.
Our top things to do in the area:
- Blenheim Palace
- Oxford city
- Cotswolds Farm Park, great for children
- Cotswold Wildlife Park, great for families and children
- Eat out at the Royal Oak in Ramsden, an atmospheric country pub
- Day out in the Cotswolds, taking in Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold and the Slaughters
- Countryside walks visiting the nearby Roman Fort
- Bicester Village for a mega-shopping fix
- Visit to Bladon and Churchill's grave.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
There is a washing machine and dryer available for guest use which is located in an adjacent side building.
SAFETY ADVICE FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
This is a working farm and children should be supervised at all times. Although separated from the property by a gate, there is a small duck pond which usually dries up during the summer, around which children must always be supervised.
Features at a Glance
- Great value accommodation near to Witney, Woodstock and The Cotswolds
- 15km to Oxford, 6km to Witney, 5km to Woodstock
- Stunning walks through Oxfordshire countryside
- Off street parking
- Several pubs within a few minutes drive
- Drying machine
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Washing machine
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Off street parking
- Patio area
- Shared/Communal garden