Home Farm Cottage
About Your Space
Home Farm Cottage is a delightful holiday cottage in the Cotswold village of Bladon. The property joins the very famous Blenheim Palace estate, and is walking distance from the pretty town of Woodstock. The city of Oxford is a short drive away, making it the ideal location for work, pleasure or a combination of both.
This former farmhouse was lovingly restored in 2013 and has been decorated in a beautiful French country cottage style. The cottage is set in a tranquil and calm location, set away from the road by a large drive and a lovely garden. One of the major benefits of the cottage is that the front is south facing and light streams in through the large windows.
Entering Home Farm Cottage you are greeted by a bright hallway with traditional stone floor. To the right there is a large living room which is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and a wood burning stove. The living room is the perfect place to relax after a long day. To the left of the hallway is the large cottage style kitchen. Furnished with an attractive wood dining table and chairs seating up to six people and a fantastic setting for family meals. The kitchen is fitted with all cooking utensils and equipment that you would need from a home away from home.
The staircase winds up to the first floor with a small study area off to the left hand side. There are two spacious bedrooms with large windows. The first bedroom is furnished with a comfortable French style king size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The ensuite bathroom is fitted with bath with overhead shower. The second bedroom is furnished with twin beds and stylish wood furniture. The ensuite bathroom is fitted with a large shower cubicle.
The owners of the property, Kelvin and Kate, live in the adjoining property and share the driveway. They are always on hand to answer any questions or queries and love welcoming their guests to Home Farm Cottage
There is garden space available for guest use.
Located in the village of Bladon, near Woodstock, Home Farm Cottage is 20 minutes drive to the centre of Oxford, a couple of minutes from Woodstock and 15 minutes to the pleasant market town of Witney. There are small supermarkets in Woodstock and nearby Long Hanborough. In the town of Witney you can find several supermarkets including Waitrose, Sainsbury and Tesco. There are two swimming pools within a 15 minute drive, and several golf courses.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted to circumstances beyond our control.
- Visit Sir Winston Churchill’s grave. You will find it in the grounds of the small 15th century Bladon church, just a few minutes walk away from the cottage. It is very modest, but exquisitely well kept.
- Explore the exquisite Blenheim Palace and Estate
- Visit the Butterfly Farm and pleasure gardens in the grounds of Blenheim, they are great for children.
- Explore the town of Woodstock, it has some great shops, pubs and restaurants.
- Explore Oxford, the university colleges and museums are a highlight.
- Take a walk along the river Thames.
- Take a day trip to London.
Features at a Glance
- Walking distance to Blenheim Palace
- Wood burning stove
- Spacious farmhouse style kitchen
- Easy access to Oxford
- Off-street Parking
- Easy access to the Cotswolds
- Coffee Machine
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Wood burning stove
- Off street parking
- Private garden