About Your Space
Gardener's Cottage is a luxury holiday cottage offering accommodation in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Brill. The cottage remained empty for forty years until the present owners renovated it into a luxury self-catering cottage. It sits on a pretty village green in the heart of the English countryside within easy reach of Oxford, London and the Cotswolds.
Carefully chosen antiquities effortlessly combine with a muted backdrop and tasteful furnishings to create a luxury self-catering holiday cottage you'll be reluctant to leave. Upstairs there is one bedroom with a French antique-style king-size bed, a large dressing room and a spacious bathroom with a stand alone bath tub and large walk-in shower and downstairs a delightful sitting room with wood burning stove, kitchen and additional WC.
The cottage is very private but situated across the courtyard of the owners own home. The owners are often on hand to help with any questions, help you get aquainted with the area or to recommend good local walks and things to do.
The accommodation comprises of:
- Cottage style kitchen with built in appliances including washer-dryer, dishwasher and fridge-freezer. Fully equipped with cooking utensils and a stunning view over the village green towards the church.
- Living room with dining table and seating for four, comfortable sofa and easy chair, wood burning stove and flat screen T.V.
- Ground floor W.C.
Stairs lead up to the first floor with:
- Tastefully furnished dressing room.
- Bedroom with French antique-style king-size bed and window with views over the village green.
- Bathroom with a stand alone bath tub and large walk-in shower.
There is small walled patio area with table and chairs leading off from the living room which gets afternoon sunshine. The courtyard opens up directly onto the quiet and peaceful village green.
Brill is picturesque village located atop a hill overlooking stunning Oxfordshire countryside. The location offers easy access to Oxford city by car and to Bicester, Thame and surrounding villages.
Brill is a remarkably self contained village with an amazing amount of facilities. There are two pubs to eat at, namely the Pointer 01844 238339 and the Pheasant 01844 239370 which produce good quality meals; so no need to drive anywhere. There are three shops, a Mic Mac News, a Londis with a difference (in what other village can you buy fresh coriander and ginger for your curry at 7.00 at night?) and a wonderful butchers shop attached to the Pointer, using locally sourced meat with bread and croissant available on a Saturday morning. Have your meat order waiting from John on 01844 238339.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- WiFi* Utility bills.
- Complimentary welcome pack of soaps, shampoo, tea and coffee.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted to circumstances beyond our control.
Features at a Glance
- Easy access to Oxford, Bicester and Thame
- Picturesque village with lovely walks
- Choice of excellent local pubs and restaurants within walking distance
- Wood burning stove
- Luxury property
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Wood burning stove
- Off street parking