About Your Space
Marlborough Road is a well-furnished, light and sunny one-bedroom apartment in the popular Grandpont area of Oxford. It is within easy walking distance of Oxford city centre and offers very attractive accommodation for one person or a couple. The apartment is on two levels on the first and second floors of a two-storey Victorian terrace house and is completely self-contained. It consists of a good-sized double bedroom, bathroom and kitchen on the first floor, and a bright and comfortable living room on the top floor. It is located just south of Oxford city centre across the River Thames, a short walk or bus ride to the city centre. It is in an excellent position, next to a popular park which benefits from a lovely outdoor pool, tennis courts and lake and overlooking beautiful water meadows, all ideal for the summer.
This property comprises of:
- Living room on the top floor of the house with comfy sofa, armchair and television. Velux windows offer rooftop view and large rear windows look over the water meadows.
- Bedroom contains a double bed, large mirrored wardrobe, bedside tables and chair
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas hob, oven and dishwasher plus dining table for two
- Bathroom contains a corner bathtub with overhead shower, WC and washbasin
Overlooks beautiful water meadows which lie behind the apartment.
The apartment is .75 km south of the city centre in a popular residential street running parallel to the main Abingdon Road. The 15-minute walk to the city centre takes the visitor across the River Thames and up the beautiful street of St Aldate's, past the Town Hall and Christ Church College. There are also frequent buses along the Abingdon Road.
This area has excellent transport links. The Abingdon Road adjoins the Oxford ring road and the A34, with easy access to the M40. The apartment is therefore an excellent choice for visitors looking for access to South Oxfordshire's business and science parks, such as the Oxford Science Park, Milton Park, Culham Science Park, Abingdon, Didcot and Harwell.
Local area and amenities:
The area, Grandpont, consists mainly of Victorian terraced houses like this one, and is very popular with young professional families. The adjacent Abingdon Road runs parallel to the River Thames, with lovely views of the college sports grounds and boathouses all along one side and delightful riverside walks. Punts and rowing boats can be hired at Folly Bridge, five minutes away. Hinksey Park, with an excellent outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts and a lake is one minute away at the end of Marlborough Road, and the water meadows which lie behind the apartment are also lovely for walking in.
Grandpont has plenty of essential shops for the self-catering visitor, such as small supermarkets, newsagents and a chemist, and a number of pubs. All the facilities of the city centre are very close.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
Features at a Glance
- Convenient location for Oxford city
- Views over open green space
- Short walk to shops and restaurants
- Quiet, residential area
- CD player/Music system
- Coffee Machine
- DVD player
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays