New High Street
About Your Space
This is a charming fully furnished short let in the Oxford suburb of Headington. The property is fully equipped with everything you will need for a short stay of several weeks to a longer stay of many months. A well-designed two bedroom mid-terrace property built circa 1888 and completely refurbished and modernised in 2014.
The property has a welcoming main reception room with oak flooring, a period style fireplace, alcoves and under-stairs storage; opening through to the fitted kitchen/diner with back door to the rear garden. The refitted shower room is on the ground floor and provides white sanitary ware, a double width shower and heated towel rail. Both the kitchen and shower room benefit from 'Solar Pipes' which provide natural light in addition to recessed ceiling spot lights.
The property is furnished in a contemporary style carefully chosen by the owner.
The first floor has two bedrooms; the main room has a standard double bed (135cm x 190cm) and has a view over All Saints Church to the front. The second bedroom has a standard single 'truckle bed' (90cm x 190cm) which opens out to make a twin. Note that there is limited space in the second bedroom when the bed is pulled out.
The rear garden is fully enclosed and provides a small patio area, an area of lawn and planted borders.
New High Street is very well located for Oxford city centre, the Headington hospitals and Oxford Brookes University. New High Street is just off the London road which leads to the Oxford ring road and the A40/M40 to London, it has fast access to most areas including the business and science parks of Oxford and South Oxfordshire. The bus stop for the direct coach service to London is just a few minutes walk, and there is a frequent bus service to Oxford city centre, which is 2 miles away and takes about 15 minutes.
Headington is a smart and popular residential area to the north-east of Oxford. It is the part of Oxford which has the best access to London via the A40/M40, so it attracts many London commuters. It has its own shopping area with all the shops guests will need (including supermarkets, chemists, butcher's, newsagent's etc) and many continental pubs and restaurants. It also has a number of attractive green spaces including Bury Knowle Park, South Park and Headington Hill Park within walking distance. Delightful villages and countryside are also very close on the other side of the Oxford ring road.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
Features at a Glance
- Stylish property in a quiet and safe neighbourhood
- 15 minutes to Oxford City by bus
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- 1 hour to London by bus
- All linen included and free WiFi
- CD player/Music system
- Coffee Machine
- DVD player
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Pet Friendly
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Near to Hospital
- Private garden