About Your Space
Beech Cottage is a picturesque Edwardian style two bedroom furnished cottage to rent, located in the beautiful Boars Hill area of Oxford. Located between Oxford and Abingdon, you get the feel of a rural location but with easy access to amenities. The front of the detached cottage is quaint and welcoming and the inside has been lovingly restored. The cottage is decorated to a very high standard over two floors. The owners have thought about every detail and small touches like flowers make this cottage instantly feel like home. The ground floor comprises of a comfortable living room, modern well-equipped kitchen and stylish bathroom. On the first floor there are two light and bright bedrooms, one double, one single. If you are looking for a countryside location in a picture postcard setting this is the short let for you.
Beech Cottage comprises of a ground floor and first floor.
On the ground floor:
- The kitchen has been designed and fitted to a high standard. It is fully equipped with ample work space. There is a stylish, round dining table and dining chairs for entertaining.
- Family bathroom with good quality fixtures and fittings and equipped with bath and integrated shower.
- Spacious living room, stylishly furnished with cream leather sofas and a wood burner for cold winter evenings. The living room has a sofa bed for additional guests (supplements may apply) and a study desk providing a useful work space.
- Ground floor hall, kitchen and bathroom areas have a tiled floor.
Stairs lead up to the first floor which comprises of:
- Bedroom one is a single bedroom with built in wardrobes and chest of drawers. It is bathed in light from the two windows that overlook the garden.
- Bedroom two has a double bed and oozes character and charm. It has beautiful windows that also overlook the garden, that bath the room with natural light. It is furnished with built in wardrobes, chest of drawers and a standing sink area.
- Wood paneled doors add a cottage feel to the property.
- Both bedrooms are carpeted and stylishly decorated.
Beech Cottage is in a lovely quiet area. There is a small private garden at the rear of the property.
Boars Hill is an upmarket and picturesque hamlet 6km South East of Oxford city. With fine views over the city of Oxford and beautiful countryside, Boars Hill makes the perfect setting to enjoy the great outdoors. The cottage itself sits on a public footpath that leads to Sunningwell near Abingdon.The renowned scholar and poet Matthew Arnold was a regular visitor to Boars Hill and coined the famous phrase "the dreaming spires" there. This encouraged people to visit the hill and settle there.
Beech Cottage is located in Boars Hill, a hamlet, 6km Southwest of Oxford city centre and 6km Northeast of Abingdon. The property offers the combination of a peaceful, rural location with excellent transport links: the A34 and A420 are only minutes away. The property offers easy access to the Oxford business parks, Milton Park and Culham Science Park, all within 15-20 minutes drive. There is a pub, The Fox Inn, 0.5km from the cottage that serves food. The nearby village of Wooton is 2 km away and offers a small supermarket, post office, a pharmacy and chip shop. There is an hourly bus (number 44) that goes from Boars Hill to Oxford and Abingdon. There is also a service available from Wooton.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted to circumstances beyond our control.
Features at a Glance
- Private garden
- Ideal for leisure breaks or longer term business stays
- Period cottage with lovely features
- Countryside feel but easy access to Oxford
- Coffee Machine
- Fridge with ice box
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Wood burning stove
- Off street parking
- Private garden