Old Town Apartments The Buttercross Suite
About Your Space
Situated in the heart of Banbury's Old Town in a wonderful converted building, The Buttercross Suite is a stylish and comfortable one bedroom short stay serviced apartment, sleeping up to two guests. Located on the first floor of our 'Old Town' serviced apartment building, The Buttercross Suite offers comfortable serviced accommodation whether you are staying for a few nights or several months. The suite is just 15 minutes walk to Banbury train station. There are a multitude of restaurants within walking distance and, even better, Banbury's best coffee shop situated on the ground floor.
The Buttercross Suite is a one bedroom apartment situated on the first floor comprising of:
- Living-dining-kitchen area with living area furnished with comfortable two seater "Loaf" sofa and wide screen TV.
- The dining area has a round glass table and two dining chairs.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you should need.
- Bedroom with super king size Hypnos bed (180 x 190cm) which can be split into two singles with 48 hours notice.
- The bathroom is stylish and modern with a shower, WC and wash basin.
The Buttercross Suite is located in the centre of Banbury. The building is safe and the neighbourhood very friendly. There are lots of shops and restaurants along Parson's Street, including the Reindeer Inn which played an important role in the English Civil War. In the Globe Room, situated in the Reindeer Inn, Oliver Cromwell has supposedly planned the Battle of Edge Hill. Foodies should also try a piece of the delicious ‘Banbury Cake’, a special fruit and pastry cake.
Castle Quay shopping centre is on your doorstep, as is a large outdoor market every Thursday and Saturday. The Oxford Canal is just a few hundred metres away along which you can enjoy lovely walks, watch the boats navigate the locks and feed the ducks.
There are supermarkets, shops and cafes all within a few minutes walk. Banbury itself is really well located for accessing the M40, Oxford, Bicester, Leamington Spa, the Cotswolds and the West Midlands.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels).
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
- There is no allocated or free parking available but there is lots of parking nearby within a couple of minutes walk. Car park rates are very low and spaces plentiful.
- The apartment is situated in the town centre and there is inevitably a little noise from the street below.
- The apartment is situated on the first floor of the building and there is no elevator.
Features at a Glance
- Town centre location
- Comfortable Hypnos beds
- Walking distance to restaurants and pubs
- Easy access to Banbury and surrounding businesses
- Easy access to M40 and West Midlands
- 25km to Oxford and the Cotswolds
- 15 minutes walk to railway station
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Walking distance to pub