About Your Space
Riverbank Lodge is a charming one bedroom holiday cottage and furnished short let located in the village of Long Wittenham, a pretty village 5.6km southeast of Abingdon and 15km south of Oxford. The Lodge is an ideal base to stay wether you on on vacation and exploring the local area, or requiring short term accommodation whilst working locally. Riverbank Lodge is just 3km from the Culham Science Centre.
Riverbank Lodge is situated in a large private garden with gated driveway.
-The ground floor entrance leads into an open plan dining-kitchen area with dining table and seating for four. The kitchen is fully fitted and equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, toaster and microwave. There is a washing machine and dryer provided. There is a large window looking out into the garden.
-The bathroom is situated on the ground floor comprising of walk-in shower, WC and wash basin.
Stairs lead upto the second floor with:
-Living room furnished with two seater sofa and easy chair, flat screen TV. There is a stunning view down to the River Thames.
-Bedroom furnished with double bed, bedside tables and space for hanging clothes.
Riverbank is situated in a quiet private garden at the end of a gated drive.
Long Wittenham is a quintessential English country village. The famous Wittenham Clumps, a group of hills, are close by and offer stunning views of the Oxfordshire countryside. The landscape is constantly changing with each season and so the area is particularly popular with walkers, cyclists and hot-air balloonists. Long Wittenham offers a good selection of pubs and restaurants. The Vine and Spice South Asian bar and restaurant is housed in a 500 year old building and only a few minutes from the apartment. At the other end of the village, close to the river, is the charming and traditional Barley Mow pub serving good pub food. There is also a Chinese restaurant in the neighbouring village of Clifton Hampden.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels.)
- Utility bills.
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights.
- Complimentary welcome pack including; Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted to circumstances beyond our control.
The property is a bout 80 meters from the River Thames. Guests with a young child will need to be aware of the water hazard. The owners live adjacent to the property and are pleased to welcome guests and help with any questions about the local area. Booking with Weekly Home you have the confidence that we are available to help with your reservation before, during and after your stay with us.
Features at a Glance
- Culham Science Centre 3km
- Beautiful walks along the River Thames
- View of the Thames from your living room
- Quiet location and walking distance to pub
- Easy access to Culham, Abingdon and Oxford
- Drying machine
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Washing machine
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Off street parking
- Patio area