The Barn Apartment
About Your Space
The Barn Apartment is an idyllic barn conversion located in the charming Oxfordshire village of Long Wittenham. Nestled within a loop of the River Thames, between Little Wittenham and the beautiful Wittenham Clumps, the barn is a relaxing retreat, right in the heart of the quintessentially English Oxfordshire countryside. The Barn has stunning, picture postcard views and is very practically located for Abingdon, Milton park in Didcot and Oxford. The perfect place in which to discover the area, this living space offers all you need for an extended stay away from home.
The Barn Apartment has been lovingly converted and oozes charm and character with exposed beams transporting you back in time and creating a lovely country cottage feel. The property is all on one floor with the beautifully beamed landing leading you straight to a fully equipped modern kitchen and comfortable living area with sofa seating and large dining table, ideal for one or two people to relax and unwind. Along the landing to the right is the modern bathroom with overhead shower and heated towel rail serving both bedrooms. Further along the landing are the delightful double and twin bedrooms which have been tastefully decorated to a high standard with comfortable beds and warm lighting.
- Beautiful views over Wittenham Clumps.
- Fully equipped and modern kitchen and dining area.
- Comfortably furnished with sofa and armchair seating.
- Delightfully decorated bedrooms.
- Secure off road parking for only one car.
- Additional parking available on the road.
- Centrally heated throughout.
- The property offers High Speed Fibre Broadband
Long Wittenham is a quintessential English country village. The famous Wittenham Clumps, a group of hills, are close by and offer stunning views of the Oxfordshire countryside. The landscape is constantly changing with each season and so the area is particularly popular with walkers, cyclists and hot-air balloonists. Long Wittenham offers a good selection of pubs and restaurants. The Vine and Spice South Asian bar and restaurant is housed in a 500 year old building and only a few minutes from the apartment. At the other end of the village, close to the river, is the charming and traditional Barley Mow pub serving good pub food. There is also a Chinese restaurant in the neighbouring village of Clifton Hampden.
The apartment is located just 3 miles from Didcot and Abingdon and 9 miles from Oxford. The apartment is only a short drive from Culham Science Park, Milton Business Park and the Harwell Business Campus and would make the ideal base for both short term contractors and holiday makers. There is also secure bike storage, with access to cycle paths to Didcot, Abingdon. Didcot Train Station is also close by which offers fast access to London and the West of England.
- Bed linen (bedroom and bathroom linen comprising of bed sheets, blankets and towels)
- Utility bills
- Weekly linen change if your stay is longer than eight nights
- Complimentary welcome pack including: Sachets of tea and coffee, small cartons of milk, dishwasher tablets (in properties where a dishwasher is available), additional bin bag, kitchen and bathroom cleaning product, tea towel, kitchen sponge and pan scourer. Enough to get you started but you may want to bring with you additional bin bags, clothes washing detergent, dishwasher tablets and bin bags. You can of course shop locally after you arrive.
*WiFi is provided by a third party provider. We will do all that is possible to ensure continuity of service but there may be rare occasions where service is disrupted due to circumstances beyond our control.
Features at a Glance
- Beautifully refurbished barn apartment
- Lovely countryside walks
- Near to Oxford and Abingdon
- Free WiFi
- Off-street Parking
- Fridge with ice box
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen provided (sheets and towels)
- Weekly linen change for long stays
- Off street parking